“Every penny NOT spent on investing in yourself (after basic needs of course) may be a wasted future opportunity from missing learns and connects.”
― Richie Norton
April was pretty much taken over by one particular event – We swapped our daughters school to one that is much closer! We are hoping this will help to ease the driving anxiety off as well as bring the petrol bill down substantially. It also means we can sell our second car so hopefully its a win win. Its much smaller than her previous school and they seem to care much more about the child and their education.
Lets see how I did with my list of goals:
- Keep investing in me: I’m still going strong with my fitness and I will providing an update this month.
- Read a new book each month to aid me to FIRE: Last month I read Be your potential and I found it really useful. Finding it hard to stay awake each night though to do my reading!
- Start learning about FIRE and sharing it on the blog – I got back to basics and started with What is Fire
- Research a new money making project each month – I have done this and will hopefully post about it this month.
- Start focusing on all the free courses that are available on the internet and reviewing them/sharing what I’ve learn’t. – It was a real eye opener to read Dave Ramsay’s 7 steps course
- Keep focusing on the psychology of money to make sure nothing holds me back! I really enjoyed the comments on my Are you a spender or a saver post.
- Set up a free resources area on my blog. I have started this but its no where near complete, I set up a reading list page.
I’m also setting myself one shorter term goal for each month. April’s was supposed to be
- Start selling on Ebay
It hasn’t happened in terms of listing the items but I now have a place for them all to live whilst I get listing. This will probably happen after the holiday now and will form part of my big clear out project!
My short term for May 2018:
- Write a guest post for a blog.
I have always wanted to write a guest post for another blog and not for the most obvious reason. I know many bloggers write guest posts for a mutual traffic boost but for me I’d actually like to see what its like in the big wide world of FI bloggers. I dip a toe in the odd twitter conversation but other than that I stay in my shell.
Oh and if you missed it, I was asked to take part in my first ever interview!
How are your goals looking?